Monday, November 17, 2008

Courage in a bottle.

Sometimes I feel so courageous, like when I confront those smoker neighbors of mine and actually become good friends with them. But other times, my courage is trapped inside a bottle. Take, for instance, the candy machine business I want to become productive. There the machines sit in my living room from week to week feeding the only one around with quarters to spare-my brother in law, Josh. If it weren't for him, I would not be earning any money on those silly machines. I think about them every day. I have it planned out in my head what I am going to say and the rebuttals for when the potential business owners turn me down. I've done all the preparation for them to be placed. The only thing those machines are waiting for is for me to load them into the car (with my four children in tow) and drive down to a dozen businesses to plead for vending space. Yet, I refuse to "throw away" a business idea because it is not working or taking up time. I truly believe in the philosophy that if you start something, you don't give it up until you have made it prosperous. So...one of these days I suppose I will be courageous enough to make it happen. Until then, if anyone wants a good sugar fix stop by my house and bring a quarter.

1 comment:

Dione said...

I think it's a fantastic business idea - what is not a fantastic idea is trying to drag 4 kids around with you. Give me a call and I'd be happy to watch them!